West Bengal Police Question Papers, Sample Model Papers
The West Bengal Police is the police force of the Indian state of West Bengal. The West Bengal Police was reorganized under provisions of the Police Act 1861 during the British Raj. It is headed by an officer designated as the Director General of Police who reports to the State Government through the Home (Police) Department. This article provides information to aspiring applicants about exam pattern, syllabus, selection process and also West Bengal Police previous years question papers for the recruitment of Constable. Candidates can visit the official website www.policewb.gov.in for application form, date of exam and results.
West Bengal Question Papers Details
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria-
(1) Age : – The applicant must not be less than 18 (Eighteen) years old and must not be more than 27 (Twenty Seven) years old when applying for the post. The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 05 (Five) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (SC) & Scheduled Tribes (ST) and by 03 (Three) years for the candidates belonging to the category of Other Backward Classes (OBC). The NVF and Home Guard personnel serving in West Bengal Police are also eligible for relaxation of upper age limit as per existing Government order.
(2) Education Qualifications : – The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
(3) Language : – The applicant must be able to speak, read and write in Bengali language. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
(4) NVF, Home Guard personnel and Civic Volunteers serving in West Bengal Police should complete 03 (Three) years of service when applying for the post.
EXAM PATTERN for West Bengal Police Exam
|Name of Post||Constable|
|Exam Mode||Written Exam|
|Job Type||State Government Job|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Written Test, Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Written Exam, Interview|
The written exam is conducted in two stages- Preliminary Exam and Main Exam
Preliminary Written Exam-
The exam has only Objective type questions. It is a qualifying exam and is of 1 hour long. ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. It is conducted in two languages- Nepali and Bengali.
|TOPICS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|General Awareness and General Knowledge||50||50|
Final Written Exam-
The exam has only Objective type questions. It is of 1 hour long. ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. It is conducted in two languages- Nepali and Bengali.
|TOPICS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|General Awareness and General Knowledge||25||25|
|Reasoning and Logical Analysis||15||15|
West Bengal Police SELECTION PROCEDURE
The selection process for the post of Constable is done in a number of stages and requires not just written exams but also physical ability tests.
- The preliminary written test is the first stage.
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT):
The physical standards (height and weight) of the candidates will be tested by using Electronic Machines.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Candidates who will qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET which consists of 800 meters. (Eight hundred) run within 04 (four) minutes
- WB Police Final Written Examination (Full Marks – 85)
All the candidates who qualify in the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Measurement Test (PET) will be called to appear in the Final Written Examination to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
- A limited number of candidates will be called for Interview in according to candidate’s performance in above stages. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Final Written Examination and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
West Bengal Police PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION PAPERS
These are question papers from previous years for the post of Constable. Candidates should go over them thoroughly to make sure they are well prepared and to get an idea of what kind of questions to expect in the exam and which subjects should be given more weightage during preparation.
Download West Bengal Police Question Papers