The Andaman and Nicobar Police is the law enforcement agency for the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India. It conducts exams for the recruitment of various posts in the agency. This article provides information to aspiring applicants about exam pattern, syllabus, selection process and also previous years question papers of the exam for the recruitment of Sub Inspector in Andaman and Nicobar Police Force. Candidates can visit the official website police.andaman.gov.in for the application form, date of exam and pay scale.
- 1 Andaman Nicobar Police EXAM PATTERN
- 1.1 Syllabus for Written Papers
- 1.2 SELECTION PROCEDURE
- 1.3 Andaman & Nicobar Police PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION PAPER
- 126.96.36.199 Andaman & Nicobar Police Department SI Constable Exam Question Papers Free PDF Download – General Knowledge
- 188.8.131.52 Download A & N Police Sub Inspector Constable Old Question Papers free PDF – Simple Arithmetic
- 184.108.40.206 Andaman Nicobar Police Department Model Question Papers of Constable & SI Exams PDF Free Download – Reasoning
- 220.127.116.11 Andaman & Nicobar Police Constable & Sub Inspector Solved Question Papers With Answers PDF – General English
- 18.104.22.168 Andaman & Nicobar SI Previous Papers – English
- 22.214.171.124 A&N Radio Operator Old Papers – Hindi
- 126.96.36.199 Andaman – Nicobar Radio Operator Solved Papers – Mathematics
- 188.8.131.52 A & N Radio Technician Practice Papers – Reasoning
- 184.108.40.206 Andaman & Nicobar Radio Operator Previous Papers – Aptitude
- 220.127.116.11 Andaman & Nicobar Radio Technician Old Papers with Key – General Science
Andaman Nicobar Police EXAM PATTERN
|Name of Post||Sub Inspector|
|Exam Mode||Written Exam|
|Job Type||Government Job|
|Selection Process||Written Test and Medical Examination|
The question paper consists of three subjects namely English, Hindi and General Knowledge.
|Type of Test||Name of Subjects||Marks||Duration|
Syllabus for Written Papers
In this paper a candidate’s understanding of the English language, correct usage would be tested. Questions on grammar, Comprehension, word meaning, letter-writing, Knowledge of English and relevant fields testing of English language would be covered.
In this paper a candidate’s understanding of the Hindi language, its correct usage and writing ability would be tested. Questions on grammar, usage, letter-writing, précis, comprehensive etc., translation and relevant field testing knowledge of Hindi language would be covered. Page 4 of 11 – SI(Exe) in A&NP, & SI (GD)/ Ct (GD)/Pharmacist/Nursing Assistant in IRBn, ANI – Recruitment Notice
Paper-C (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE)
Questions in this paper will include General Awareness as well as General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability. Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and such matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries pertaining to history, culture, geography, economics, general polity, scientific research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. This paper will include questions on simple mathematics including those relating to the number system, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and time etc. There will be questions of reasoning which will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making and visual memory.
Candidates have to get at least 40 % marks in the written exam to qualify for Medical Examination.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION –
The successful candidates shall be subjected to medical examination as given below:-
- The minimum distant vision should not be less than 6/9 of each eye without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses. With correction i.e., after wearing glasses, the minimum distant vision should not be less than 6/6 of each eye. The candidate should not have Colour Blindness.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint eyes, bow legs, inability to flex the fingers properly or any other obvious deformities.
- Candidate must be in good mental and physical health and free from any physical defects likely to interfere with the efficient performance of Police duties.
- Every candidate shall have to go through a medical examination by GB Pant Hospital, Port Blair before appointment
Andaman & Nicobar Police PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION PAPER
Andaman & Nicobar Police Department SI Constable Exam Question Papers Free PDF Download – General Knowledge
Andaman Nicobar Police Department Model Question Papers of Constable & SI Exams PDF Free Download – Reasoning
Andaman & Nicobar Police Constable & Sub Inspector Solved Question Papers With Answers PDF – General English
These are question papers from previous years for the post of Sub Inspector. Candidates should go over them thoroughly to make sure they are well prepared and to get an idea of what kind of questions to expect in the exam and which subjects should be given more weightage during preparation.