Border Security Force (BSF) offers a number of posts of Constable (Tradesman) for various trades such as Cobbler, Tailor, Carpenter, Painter, Draughtsman, Cook, Water Carrier, Washer man, Barber, Sweeper, Waiter, Mali and Khoji etc.
- 1 Educational Qualification for BSF Constable Tradesman Exam
- 1.1 BSF Constable Tradesman Selection Procedure
- 1.2 BSF Constable Tradesman Exam Pattern
- 1.3 BSF Constable Tradesman Previous years Question Papers
- 1.4 How to Prepare
Educational Qualification for BSF Constable Tradesman Exam
- Applicant candidate must have passed 10th class from a recognized board or institute and experience in given trade.
- Two years’ work experience in respective trades.
- One-year Certificate Course from Industrial Training Institute of Vocational Institute with at least one-year experience in the Trade.
Candidates age should be minimum 18 years and maximum 23 years. Age relaxation as per norms of BSF.
BSF Constable Tradesman Selection Procedure
1) Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Documentation
|For Males||170 cms
(165 cms for SC and backward class)
|80-85 cms||For males and females: proportionate to height and age as per Medical Standards|
|For Females||157 cms
(155 cms for SC and backward class)
The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision. The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 & 6/9 of both eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
2) Trade Test
Candidates who qualify PST and PET test will be called for the Trade Test. This test will be of qualifying nature and will not carry any marks.
3) Written Test
Candidates who qualify PST, PET and trade test will be called for the Written Test.
4) Medical Examination
Candidates qualified in written test will be called for medical examination to assess their physical and medical fitness.
BSF Constable Tradesman Exam Pattern
The exam will be of objective Multiple Choice Questions. The written test will be of 100 Marks. The time duration will be 02:00 hours. The subjects will be- General Awareness / General Knowledge, Knowledge of Elementary Mathematics, Analytical Aptitude and ability to observe the distinguish pattern, Basic knowledge of English & Hindi and questions about the Concerned Subject. The question paper will be in both, Hindi and English.
Cut-off marks for written exam:
|Name of Post|
|Selection Process||Physical Fitness Test
BSF Constable Tradesman Previous years Question Papers
How to Prepare
Some preparation tips-
- Make a time table according to the months left for the exam.
- Divide the syllabus accordingly.
- Refer to the previous years’ question papers.
- Study as per the importance of the topic.
- During preparation make the study notes.
- Practice model papers.
- Revision is must. Revise daily, if not daily, at least weekly revision is important. If not, you might not remember the topics you studied.
- Consider the time you take for solving the questions. Increase your speed.
- Prepare for the physical test as well. You need to be physically fit and satisfy all the requirements of the post.
- Stay updated and check the official site regularly.
- It is best if the candidate prepares a time table for the topics to be completed and sticks to it.